Saturday, October 17, 2009

2010 Lavazza Calendar.....


When you bring together six of the world’s best-known models and mix in one of the most famous photographer and his electric avant-garde style, you get the right ingredients for the new 2010 Lavazza Calendar. One of my favorite photographers the amazing Miles Aldridge had the task of visually interpreting six of the ultimate Italian classics: Va’ Pensiero, Guarda Che Luna, ‘O Sole Mio, Con Te Partirò, Baciami Piccina and Nessun Dorma.



“This project instantly reminded me of Fellini” Miles Aldridge talking on set, about the Lavazza Calendar. “Through the music, melodies and arias I glimpsed stories that told bittersweet tales, dramas, rebirths. I was reminded of characters and stories from films like La Strada and La Dolce Vita“. Even the six Calendar models are strong-willed heroines. “I didn’t just want six beautiful girls. I wanted six women who could prove they were larger than life“.



0 comments: