Friday, March 12, 2010

Lee Alexander McQueen's Final show, All Angels and Demons........


16 looks, the last collection we will ever see from iconic designer by Lee Alexander McQueen for his label. Presented in a private showing in Paris, the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive: "In their artistry, imagination and technical wizardry, they brought his fashion spirit to life," said WWD. Show-goers and McQueen's business partners alike were overcome with emotion.
Robert Polet, chairman and chief executive officer at Gucci Group, was overcome as he rushed backstage to see the design team backstage. “It was a very moving experience to take a deep and serious look at his last collection. It showed Lee's unique talent to create pieces of beauty that touch many of your senses, leaving one enriched,” Polet said later, after composing himself. Then he added, “Although the sense of loss afterwards, I found overwhelming.”



Before his death, McQueen told LOVE: "I’m 40 now, but I want this to be a company that lives way beyond me, and I believe that customers are more important to making that happen than press. When I’m dead, hopefully this house will still be going. On a spaceship. Hopping up and down above the earth.” For the moment, the design future of the label rests on the shoulders of the studio team led by Burton. “That will continue for the foreseeable future,” a spokesman said.



McQueen was my favorite artist with talent that knew no bounds and his attention to detail will forever blow my mind!











R.I.P

0 comments: