Saturday, February 25, 2012

'Visions Couture' Daphne Guinness.....

Iconic Daphne Guinness stars as the model and voice of 'Visions Couture' a collection of short surreal fashion films directed by Nick Knight... That are part of the unique interactive and abstract three-dimensional sculptures currently seen in windows of Paris' Le Printemps department store until 24 March 2012.

Transformed into a high fashion High-Priestess, Daphne features some of Spring/Summer 2012's finest from designers Gareth Pugh, Rick Owens, Junya Watanabe, Maison Martin Margiela, and Paco Rabanne... Including pieces from Guinness' own legendary wardrobe (I mean... who has a better closet then her???)

The films also feature Daphne Guinness sing and great narration (I find her voice to be enchanting!) of a quote from Dante's 'Inferno' against her beautiful operatic accompaniment... Always so eloquently spoken, I just love the way in which she delivery words! (I Wish I could have her read to me every night!)

"Day was departing, and the embrowned air released the animals that are on earth from their fatigues; and I the only one made myself ready to sustain the war, both of the way and likewise of the woe, which memory that errs not shall retrace. O Muses, O high genius, now assist me! O memory, that didst write down what I saw, here thy nobility shall be manifest! And I began....."

0 comments: